Running Programs with Elevated Privileges
Some issues related to installing and updating software can be resolved by running it with elevated privileges (also known as: "as admin" on Windows).
Below we've advice on how to do this for each of our supported Operating Systems.
- Right-click on the .exe file
- Click on Properties
- Switch to the Compatibility tab
- Select Change Settings For All Users
- Tick the Run This Program As Administrator box
- Click on Apply
- Go to the folder containing the binary file
- Right-click inside the folder
- Choose Open In Terminal
- Open System Preferences
- Select Users and Groups
- Ensure your account has the Admin option