Executing Files on Linux
Files not opening when double-clicked on can be resolved by changing their permissions.
- Enter the folder containing the file
- Right-click on the file and select Properties
- Switch to the Permissions tab
- Ensure Allow Executing File As Program is ticked
- Open the Terminal
- Change directory as appropriate (e.g. cd Games/LastEpoch)
- Type chmod +x file_name_goes_here
Then use ./file_name_goes_here to run the file.
Tip: If the file name contains spaces, place quotation marks at the beginning and end of the file name, e.g. chmod +x "example name"