Running a Memory Diagnostic Scan
Unstable or defective RAM can cause a wide variety of issues.
Different Operating Systems have different ways of testing RAM.
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for "mdsched".
- Click on the Windows Memory Diagnostic result.
- Choose either to run the test now or when you restart your PC.
- After your computer next turns on, the results will be shown after a couple of minutes.
- Restart your computer.
- When GRUB appears, click on Memory test (memtest86+). If the Grub menu does not appear, restart your PC again and repeatedly press Shift as it boots.
- Click on (S)tart Test.
- Disconnect all external devices except your monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
- Turn your Mac off, and then turn it on again.
- Repeatedly press the D button as the Mac turns on.
- Choose your preferred language when prompted.