Collecting System Information on Linux
For Linux users, we typically ask for the System Information report generated by Steam due to it being one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software across distros and DEs.
Here's how to generate it;
- First, open the main Steam window.
- Click on Help in the top-left corner.
- Then click on System Information.
- Steam will open a new window. It may take a short time to generate the report.
- Right-click on this window, and then click on Copy All Text to Clipboard.
- Paste the information into a text editor, and save it in a text (.txt) file.